I write on the art of leading software development teams, projects and programmes. With a Lean-Agile slant of course. But with a growing number of posts on this site I thought I’d offer some guidance about what to read first. If you want to have a look at everything then check out the archive.
My most popular posts are:
- Epics: My Love Hate Relationship with Large User Stories
- Three talents of great project managers
- The Fallacy of Control within Project and Programme Management
- Journalism Portal: My lean startup in the BBC
- Build less, Start sooner, Innovate constantly
- Revisiting the Iterative Incremental Mona Lisa
- Continuous delivery is inevitable
- Agile: I prefer the hype to ignorance
My What do I do when … ? series is also popular.
Agile Programme Management
Now days I’m focused on agile programme management so many of my posts are on this theme:
- Difference between programme, project, portfolio and product management
- Three Threads within Agile Programme Management: Transformation, Alignment, Adaptation
- What is Agile Governance?
- A Clear Vision is Essential for Agile Programme Management
- Programme Management: Build capability, Roll it out, and Deliver Business Benefit
- Reporting Success Stories Alongside Formal Benefits
- Programme organisation for software delivery
- Benefits Maps: Impact mapping for programme managers
Agile Project Management
If you are interested in nuts n bolts explanation of agile project management then have a look at some of these posts:
- Agile Project Management
- Agile Lifecycle / Agile Heartbeat
- Agile Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Pre-project
- Agile Project Initiation
- Agile Project Scope
- Agile Project Planning plus . . .
- Agile Project Estimating
- Agile Project Execution
- Agile Project Monitoring and Control
- Agile Quality Management
- Agile Risk Management plus . . .
- Agile Change Management
- Agile Project Closure
- Agile Post-project